Built on Google App Engine and the Enomaly ECP platform (as well as other cloud infrastructure platforms in the near future), SpotCloud is an easy to use, structured cloud capacity marketplace where service providers can sell their excess computing capacity to a wide array of buyers and resellers.
- Buyers deposit an initial credit into the SpotCloud platform. (Pay as you go model)
- Buyers create a VM appliance using the Enomaly SpotCloud package builder.
- Then upload a *VM appliance using the SpotCloud management interface.
- Sellers can dynamically define hardware profiles, location information, duration of available capacity and associated resource costs.
- Buyers select providers based on a cost and location.
- VMs are automatically delivered to sellers **cloud infrastructures where the VM packages are run according buyers requirements.
- SpotCloud monitors and debits buyers on an hourly utility basis with a notification sent when credits drop below minimum threshold.
- At the end of the month, sellers are paid directly for any capacity utilized via the SpotCloud marketplace.
* SpotCloud can provide sample VM images with phone home capabilities.
** Sellers required to have SpotCloud compatible IaaS cloud platform
For Providers: The SpotCloud platform provides an easy method to maximize revenue for your unused capacity.
For Buyers: SpotCloud provides an easy way to discover and access targeted premium or commodity Compute Capacity based on location, price or quality.
For Resellers: Spotcloud enables an independent monetization platform